The RAT is a quick test to check for COVID-19 and provides a result within 15 to 30 minutes, and all kits have a QR code which links to a video that demonstrate how to take a test. There are two types of Rapid Antigen Tests:
- Saliva test – user spits into a tube, or sucks on a swab
- Nasal swab – user swabs each nostril.
When to complete a Rapid Antigen TestRATs are recommended for use if:
- attending a large gathering in a crowded place such as a wedding or funeral
- visiting a person who is vulnerable to risks of COVID-19
- visiting a high-risk setting, e.g. an aged care facility, hospital or disability group home
- need to check quickly for COVID-19
- recommended by the Department of Health.